To get the best sale price in the shortest time frame, follow these tips for selling your house.
Everyone wants the best price they can possibly get for their home, and they want to sell quickly and avoid the problem of a property lingering on the market.
Disappointment can be avoided by giving yourself the optimum chance for success.
Top 10 tricks
1. Property presentation - either home stage your empty property or restyle with your existing furnishings. The agent you use will be able to advise on home staging
2. Improvements - If you are thinking of spending some money on improvements in the hope of increasing your sale value, there is some excellent advice about how far you should and shouldn't go with expenditure.
3. Agent choice - Make sure you get quality information to help you choose the very best licensed real estate agent. Industry experience, conduct, service standards and client care cannot be underestimated. Agent Finder can do all this for you for free.
4. Choose the most effective method of sale for your property, for example, by tender, auction or perhaps, pricing your property. Prepare yourself by getting the right information about methods of sale from the Real Estate Authority. Your agent should explain each option for you, specific to your property. They will generally make a recommendation which should explain why it is a worthy recommendation.
5. Approve the marketing - Check and request your sign off and approval of the marketing material your agent will use before it goes live. If the agent wishes to make any changes to the marketing you have agreed to, your agent must get your approval, in writing. This is a requirement by the industry authority.
6. Do not sign an agency agreement under pressure by any real estate agent.
7. Agency agreement - Get informed about signing an agency agreement before you interview agents. The Real Estate Authority has consumer advice.
8. Think outside the square - Apply an entrepreneurial approach to marketing that includes local community, proximity to amenities and natural environment. Buyers are purchasing a lifestyle, not just a house.
9. Include the area - Adding images of the local environment to your marketing photos can be helpful to someone new to the area.
10. Property Packs - Ensure your agent has a property information pack ready to email immediately upon request. This is the time when the majority of buyers are at their most enthusiastic about buying a property. This additional information can help to elevate their interest and the speed at which they move.
At all stages, be informed about each step of the decision making process - ask Why? That simple question will ensure there are no wrong assumptions being made and that the sale proceeds along the direction you expect.
For more information SEND AN ENQUIRY NOW
You might also like:
- Is your property pack ready for buyers?
- How to do effective real estate marketing
- Auctions, tenders and other methods of sale